Ideas for Thanksgiving
(obv. stole a lot from Thanksvegging):
Ideas for Thanksvegging,
should it happen:
- Butternut Squash Soup - Very similar to this recipe plus ginger http://vegetarian.about.com/od/soupssalads/r/savorysquash.htm
- Mushroom and Pumpkin Risotto - Basically this recipe exactly I think, with homemade veggie stock http://veganabouttown.blogspot.com/2009/06/roasted-pumpkin-and-mushroom-risotto.html
- "Spaghetti" - Spaghetti Squash with roasted apples & cranberries and toasted walnuts. Any sauce is yet to be determined.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Potentially purple potatoes!
- Cranberry and Orange Relish - Recipe from Callie's mom!
- Main Course: Seitan! - Not sure how exactly I'll cook it, but ideas for flavorings may include one or most of the following: Liquid from reconstituted wood/wild mushrooms, apples, golden raisins, cardamom, nutmeg, allspice, star anise (tiny bit) and probably some more stuff I'll throw in the broth I'll make to make it with...still working on a presentation. Chops? Dunno.
- "Pumpkin Pie" semi-freddo, possibly with soy whipped cream? Dunno, any thoughts on these? 1 2 3 4 Any of you have any good recipes? I honestly feel a lot better about the ones without oil, but who knows right?
- Apple Pie - DUH